Bug Cannot connect to Minecraft server

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Oct 6, 2018
My In-game name: ModdingNinja
Where (Forums, Server, Discord): Server
Which Server did this happen on (Beyond, SF3, TL, IE): Continuum
Time/Date: 12:49 PM October 6th, 2018
Location (If applicable): Idaho, U.S.A.
What i was trying to do: Connect to server
What happened: I can join. However, when I join, this happens:
> I connect
> Digital Guide and Better Questing Items appear in my inventory after a few seconds
> My skin's outer layers do not appear, no matter how i mess with their settings
> The chat says that I joined (ModdingNinja)
> The chat displays a welcome message
> I am kicked and given this message: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
All of this happens withing a span of 30 seconds or so
Can this be repeated: Yes
Additional Information: I have experienced a similar issue in the past with the MC server, and that had to do with Optifine. Optifine is not installed on my system at all. I have reinstalled the modpack, rebooted my computer, reset my modem, and checked to see if Optifine somehow was installed. I am using the ToastyNetworks Launcher. I can still connect to other servers on different modpacks. This issue is also now happening whenever I try to connect to the hub on all modpacks.

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018
Finally, after many reconnects, i was able to join the Continuum server. However, I am still having trouble connecting to the hub.

Mattssn

Mercury
Mercury
Vulcan
Lazarus
Nyx
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
Legend
Retired
Mattssn
Mattssn
poseidon
Feb 17, 2018
I can suggest doing the normal things like re-downloading the modpack, restarting your modem, and make sure you are not being blocked by some kind of Firewall, but this tends to usually be some kind of issue with your network connection :/

BuyMeOverlord

oReapzz
oReapzz
artemis
Oct 22, 2018
Yh it most likely is your firewall, whether it be company bought firewall or intergrated firewall. My suggestion is that you go into your firewall settings, turn it off for a brief moment and try to connect. If you can connect dig through the settings and try find the minecraft, toasty or Java application as and see if the settings are correct.