Direwolf20 server issue

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
Hi Team

I am having issues when I go on to the DireWolf20 server. I'm not sure how to correct it. When I enter Direwolf, whether I am online or offline the game seems to almost come to a stand still (a lot like when a server has chronic lag). Few things I had better mention beforehand before the comments start is

(1) My computer is 2 months old and is super fast
(2) I have the latest version of JAVA installed too.

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

I am super eager to play this map as I am quite familiar with most of the mods.

Kind Regards

OZJAMD321

Jijuihin

Administration
Administration
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
Hi there, apologies for the delay in getting to this post.

Can you please give us some information such as:
1) how much RAM you have total,
2) how much RAM is allocated to your launcher,
3) when you say latest version of java, can you be more specific on the version? Minecraft tends to run best on Java 8.
4) have you done anything on DW20 before? Or is this you starting the modpack fresh?
5) if you have been playing, do you get the same frame drops anywhere in the world? Or have you only been trying near one particular base?

Please let us know any other details you think might be relevant.

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
Hi Jijuihin

Thank you for your reply....

1) I have a total of 16GB
2) How can I find out how much and how much would you recommend?
3) Java ver. 8 update 211
4) Never played Direwolf20 before but played original Direwolf on another server many many years ago
5) Only launched yesterday and issue started as soon as I got into the start area, tried again a bit later and RTP out but still the same problem

Hope my answers shed some light.

Kind Regards

Oz

galaxyangel55

Staff
Oculus
Iris
Toaster
galaxyangel55
galaxyangel55
artemis
Aug 3, 2017
Hi there, DW20 is another memory hogger, I would recommend allocating atleast 5gb of ram to the launcher. if you are using our toasty launcher you can find the option to change allocated ram in the options button on the bottom right/left whichever it is on.

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
It still seems to be the same.... are other people experiencing the same?

Jijuihin

Administration
Administration
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
So the way you check your RAM does depend on the launcher you are using. Galaxy mentioned how to check it for Toasty Launcher, whereas for Twitch you want to do the following:
1) click you profile icon in the top right
2) click settings in the pop-up side bar that appears
3) choose Minecraft in the list of settings
4) down at the bottom, there is a slider for 'Allocated Memory' under java Settings (see pic)

For DW20, I would advise having at least 5-6GB allocated, but I would be interested to know it was before.

Seeing as the issue seems to be consistent and irrespective of where you are, increasing how much RAM you have allocated sounds like it would improve your performance, but if you already have this amount allocated, we might need to think of a different cause of your problems

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
It says
MIN Memory
MAX Memory &
PERM Gen...

What would you suggest on each bearing in mind I have 16GB of memory.... when I type in is it in Megabytes or Kilobytes?

Apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been really busy at work

Thank you for your patience

OZ

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
Got it working guys... thanks for your help :)

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
Has Direwolf server been removed?

PearCanQuest

Staff
Jul 6, 2018
Sweden
It was removed on the 9th of september along with Continuum, Revelation and Project Ozone 3. There was an announcement about it on our Discord server.

OZJAMD321

Lazarus
Lazarus
King
May 19, 2018
thank you for your response

ThePhantomOTO

ThePhantomOTO
ThePhantomOTO
poseidon
Jul 19, 2018
I just realized the servers have been shut down. Is there any way to get a download of the save files in order to continue the progress locally for Continuum? I had been working a lot in that before moving to Sky Factor 4 for a bit and now with the server down, I have lost everything. Thank you!