[DW20] Staff Application OrganicCookies

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Sep 5, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
*Introduction.
Tell us about yourself:
I am a Chinese person studying in Auckland, New Zealand. A number of people had troubled me regarding differing ideas regarding my home country, and I try to avoid them the best I can. Hopefully no one is biased against me. I started playing Minecraft in mid 2014, and have been playing on a number of modded servers since. I also work on slimeblock stuff with the community I help to manage, RSCO.
*Basic Information.
In-game name: OrganicCookies
Discord name (e.g. JohnSmith#1234): OrganicCookies#4975
Timezone: NZT(New Zealand Standard/Daylight-Saving Time, GMT+12/13)
Current Rank: Toaster
Hours on the Server: 600
Have you ever been banned on any community or server? If so, why?: No
Previous Usernames: Electric_Craft34, RookVsBishop
What servers have you played on our network?: Mostly DW20, but also a tiny bit of IE and Rev

Past Staffing Information.
*Have you ever been a staff member of any other online gaming community?
If so, please fill out the following fields.
*Organization name
: Red Slime Craft Organization
*Your rank: Community Manager
Time as a staff member: 2 years +10 weeks
*Your responsibilities: Ensuring the contents(chats, files, etc) are acceptable according to the rules, and also, most importantly, legal.
Is the organization still running?: Yes
*Reason for leaving (If applicable): N/A

*Situational responses - Remember the rules everyone adheres to and the punishments for such rules being broken.
If someones house/land was griefed, how would you deal with the situation?
Case 1: If the victim did not claim their base, I would not react, since looting unclaimed bases is allowed.
Case 2: If the griefer is trusted in the claim, I would ban him for a duration according to the damage done, but I will not refund the victim.
Case 3: If the griefer do not have access to the claim and yet can still cause damage, I would report the issue to the Administration, and refund the victim. As for the griefer, if they are willing to cooperate in investigating the bug then I will ban them for a mild duration(e.g. 2 weeks) after the issue is fixed, or permanently if they do not cooperate.

What procedures would you take if you believe someone is hacking?
Gather some evidences, e.g. screenshot, recording, etc and report to the Administration to check if the suspect is really hacking. If they are then I would ban them permanently.

How would you deal with someone abusing in-game chat?
I would first warn them. If they do not stop, I would warn them again with mildly stronger language. If they still don't stop then I would mute them for 3 hours.

If someone asks for items from yourself, how would you reply?
I would give them said items if:
1. I have said items and do not need to spawn them in and
2. Said items are not above their progress too much and
3. They have a good reason that convinces me to give them said items.

*Free form responses.
How did you first find out about the ToastyNetworks?
I noticed ToastyNetworks a number of months ago but only started to focus on it since mid 2018.

What do you believe your greatest strength is?
I think my greatest strength is that I easily adapt to new circumstances. I do not find most conditions difficult or anything. I believe all realistic situations have their pros and cons.

What is one thing you believe you could improve upon?
I am not very good at delivering my thoughts. Speech, Essays, Debating, etc. Doesn't feel like my thing but I will become better at them.

What do you believe you can bring to the staffing team here at ToastyNetworks?
Being dead serious about serious matters, I believe I can bring an responsible & active staff member who, albeit young and inexperienced at server managing, will become a much respected member of the staffing team. Players on ToastyNetworks are more friendly than all other servers I've been on. I would like to help keep it that way.