EULA Chunk Loader Idea

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.

Trebiluk

King
King
trebiluk
trebiluk
nemesis
Nov 3, 2017
Greetings,

Here is my proposal:
Increase 6 online chunkloader limit to 9, and always-on remains at 1.

Rationale:
It is much easier to work and build in a 3x3 chunk area versus a 2x3.
TPS as server resources are doing well, we can do a trial of 9 per player.
If TPS changes drastically, move it back to 6.

Most important reason: I want 9. I used to have way more for my rank.

Respectfully,
Treb & Everyone Else

Lodran

Lodran
Lodran
May 23, 2018
imo, the number of online-only chunkloaders should increase with the number of claimblocks that a player has earned, with a reasonable limit. The current limit does not encourage creative builds, except in the creativity it takes to compress everything into a small number of chunks, which doesn't make for beautiful builds.

Jijuihin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
TPS as server resources are doing well, we can do a trial of 9 per player.
If TPS changes drastically, move it back to 6.
Honestly, having a trial seems quite impractical. In order to then change it back, we would probably have to wipe all loaders in order to reduce everyone's balance back to 6. I can't imagine getting good feedback for this.
In addition, this would be even more troublesome on any non-SA pack where past old rank donors still have their old loader balance.

Most important reason: I want 9. I used to have way more for my rank.
Dude, you should have ended the post without this. It undermines the whole post and makes it seem far more like a selfish request than a suggestion.

Chunkloaders had to be removed from ranks due to EULA. Comparing to the old ranks sadly means nothing.

Chunkloaders might very well be addressed as part of the ongoing EULA changes. Sadly, admins are very busy right now, so progress is slow.

The current limit does not encourage creative builds, except in the creativity it takes to compress everything into a small number of chunks, which doesn't make for beautiful builds.
Honestly, I feel this is only an issue if you want most chunks of your nice looking base loaded, which is generally very unnecessary. Instead, why not fill some of the areas with decorative blocks, make a lounge or study, which wouldn't need chunkloading, but would rather be something to just add atmosphere to the base.

But as above, things might be tweaked at a later point when admins have time to figure out options.

Lodran

Lodran
Lodran
May 23, 2018
Honestly, I feel this is only an issue if you want most chunks of your nice looking base loaded, which is generally very unnecessary. Instead, why not fill some of the areas with decorative blocks, make a lounge or study, which wouldn't need chunkloading, but would rather be something to just add atmosphere to the base.

But as above, things might be tweaked at a later point when admins have time to figure out options.
The goal in my current build is to have make a base that is fully functional (I.e. Fully automated), and pleasant, without looking like a huge collection of pipes and wires. Doing that requires space - space to spread out different elements of the build, space to build the decorative parts, and space to hide the infrastructure.

When automating a build, you generally end up with a fairly large collection of interdependent machines, any of which can behave poorly from a TPS standpoint if disconnected from the rest. Unloaded chunks between the components of your machine will cause those disconnections, turning a machine that normally runs quite smoothly into a horrible lag generator.

Jijuihin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
When automating a build, you generally end up with a fairly large collection of interdependent machines, any of which can behave poorly from a TPS standpoint if disconnected from the rest. Unloaded chunks between the components of your machine will cause those disconnections, turning a machine that normally runs quite smoothly into a horrible lag generator.
This just sounds like it could be fixed with more careful consideration of what to put in the always online loader so that it being loaded when your other chunks are not don't cause any of the chunks to cause issues due to any machine being disconnected. Redstone control is another option - if you can create a redstone signal when a system is blocked/full, then you can use this to turn off machines which end up causing lag issues.

The goal in my current build is to have make a base that is fully functional (I.e. Fully automated), and pleasant, without looking like a huge collection of pipes and wires. Doing that requires space - space to spread out different elements of the build, space to build the decorative parts, and space to hide the infrastructure.
Honestly, I have seen plenty of people produce aesthetically pleasing bases which work perfectly with only 6 chunkloaders available. It is not that big of a limitation if you are willing to spend a bit of time planning out how to construct your base in my opinion.

And as I previously said,
Chunkloaders might very well be addressed as part of the ongoing EULA changes. Sadly, admins are very busy right now, so progress is slow.