Help with launching and loading in Po3

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Mar 27, 2018
Fort Smith, AR
i know its a mem hog thats for sure, but i can launch project ozone 3 and it takes FOREVER to load and once i get to the multiplayer screen it acts like its loading in for a few mins then nothing, some error and back to the multiplayer screen.................so................whats the trick to getting to play it???

Jijuihin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
Biggest trick is probably upgrading the ram on your system (annoyingly), or allocating more (but still leaving about 2GB for the OS and other apps). How much do you have? People have been struggling with PO3 in-game with 6GB allocated, which is the max I would really recommend if you had a total of 8GB. Most staff have needed to allocate 8-10GB to run it smoothly.

Other tricks include closing every other application when trying to load in to the server, reducing all the graphical settings (and putting render distance down to min) when trying to join (you can put them back up afterwards). In addition, as the disconnects are usually caused by your system not managing to get all the necessary info for a server connection (and PO3 is a big pack, so a lot of info) before the timeout limit, restarting your router can sometimes help.

Sadly, the fact is that some players will struggle due to how huge a pack it is. I hope this helps you though.