In regards to DMs

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNitros

Oct 23, 2018
Why are mods permitted to read every single one without consent? It's no more fair than if there were a discord administrator that routinely went through your dms and told you to stop talking about certain things. I would really like an answer as to why this is needed any more than a simple box to tick when someone submits specifically unwanted dms that moderators can look at.

Charlie

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Mercury
Iris
Legend
Dec 10, 2017
Unfortunately, what is said in Private Message in game is supposed to stay in private, and I apologise for you feeling like you were spied on, this was unintentional.

I would like to let you know as well, if you were the one in game earlier that I think you were, you are allowed to swear in private message - the only thing we police in private messages is bullying of another player.

I apologise for how you feel regarding our looking at messages, and we do not do this often. You will not get told off for swearing in private message again, unless it is for bullying, and if you do , feel free to message either a senior staff member like myself or another mod to ask if what you said was indeed inappropriate

TNitros

Oct 23, 2018
Thank you for your orderly and mannerly reply. I was a bit overly hostile as I have had bad experiences with sneaks in the past.

I believe the one you are referring to when you say being told off for swearing was indeed my friend trying to contact me, not me myself, but that compounded with a seperate instance yesterday of a moderator contacting me to inform me that they had already taken care of a small issue on the SF3 server.

I do not believe it was your intention to make me feel unsafe, and I have had a very pleasant experience with your services, this included. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.