mas12349's Staff Application.

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas12349

mas12349
mas12349
hecate
May 7, 2018
Mas12349's Staff application.

Introduction.
My name is Josh. Im 15 turning 16 in December, and I live in the UK. Im almost into my final year of school. My hobbies include *but are not limited to ;) *; Computing - Im always trying to learn new programming languages although I admit im not as familiar as I'd like to be, Gaming - I spend a lot of my time on games, typically on toasty as my playtime shows. I also have a keen interest in engineering and the way different components can come together to make something bigger. As well as this I enjoy the physical aspect of computers. I like to take them apart sometimes and just inspect the components, this is actually how I got all my knowledge about how computers work.

Basic Information.
In-game name: mas12349
Discord name: フㄖ丂卄#0470
Timezone: (UTC+00) Edinburgh,London,Lisbon
Current Rank: As of now, Toaster.
Hours on the Server: 30 Days, 12 Hours and 38minutes or 732.6 Hours.
Have you ever been banned on any community or server? If so, why?: In all honesty, I can't say I've ever been banned from a community to my knowledge. maybe when I was a lot younger I could've been silly and got banned or muted. But not in recent years.
Previous Usernames: None
What servers have you played on our network?: All except for stone block 3 because my CPU can't manage it well enough without freezing.

Past Staffing Information.
*Have you ever been a staff member of any other online gaming community?
If so, please fill out the following fields.
*Organization name:
Dubcraft
*Your rank: Helper- Chatmod - Moderator - Admin
Time as a staff member: I can't remember for the life of me
*Your responsibilities: Manage player behaviour, Help players with issues, Resolve ticket-related problems.
Is the organization still running?: No, it shut down because the server owner was going through some tough times and couldn't afford the server bill.
*Reason for leaving (If applicable): The server shut down.

*Situational responses - Remember the rules everyone adheres to and the punishments for such rules being broken.

If someones house/land was griefed, how would you deal with the situation?
If I had sufficient permissions, I'd check the logs to find out who griefed the land, Next id apply the appropriate punishment to the player and make sure they are being punished. After all this, I'd do what's in my power to roll-back or un-grief the area.

What procedures would you take if you believe someone is hacking?
First of all, id acquire sufficient proof or evidence and use screenshots etc to record this. Secondly, I'd apply the appropriate punishment and notify a higher power if necessary.

How would you deal with someone abusing in-game chat?
I would first warn them for their actions and tell them to politely desist. If they continue to abuse chat I'd apply the appropriate punishment, ie; 10min mute. If they continue to abuse chat after the punishment expires I would step up the punishment to 20 or 30 minutes. If the abuser continues to abuse chat frequently or use other commands to bypass a mute I would have to apply a higher-tier punishment such as a temp ban.

If someone asks for items from yourself, how would you reply?
If I personally had the requested items, I would either sell it to the player or just give it away out of generosity depending on the supply/demand of the item and how much of it I have. If I had higher-level power such as creative mode or the ability to spawn items, I would have to politely tell the player that I cannot give away items.

*Free form responses.
How did you first find out about the ToastyNetworks?
I used to play modpacks with a very small amount of mods until somebody told me about Skyfactory 3. once I got bored of the pack I came over to Skyfactory 3 and searched into google for servers for this modpack and Toasty Networks was the first result to come up with glowing reviews. It was a no-brainer really.

What do you believe your greatest strength is?
Im quite patient and considerate, Im a fast learner and If something interests me I have a keen interest to learn more about it, But I'd say my greatest strength would be my humour. I like to make people happy and to make people laugh. In this respect, I guess that makes me a Selfless person.

What is one thing you believe you could improve upon?

Out of my many flaws, I guess the most pressing flaws that I wish to improve could be the way I take everything too seriously. Such as minor things. But take major things not-seriously enough.

What do you believe you can bring to the staffing team here at ToastyNetworks?

In my experience, I tend to find that servers lack UK/EU staff. As I myself am from the UK this enables me to help broaden the support during EU/UK times for when other staff members can't help because of the timezone issues. I don't however, see that as a reason why I should be picked over anybody else but more as an advantage that I could bring to the staff team. I have a lot of free time on my hands that I typically dedicate to Toasty Networks and helping players as best I can in chat. I have a STRONG knowledge on most Minecraft mods especially on the ones used in the packs that Toasty hosts.

PrincessStrawb

Community Manager
Community Manager
Administration
King
Content Creator
PrincessStrawb
PrincessStrawb
poseidon
Apr 26, 2016
Hi mas12349,

We thank you for taking a deep interest in becoming a Staff Member here at ToastyNetworks. However, we do feel that your application and in-game experience is not up to our current standards, and therefore we must decline your application at this point. Feel free to message me on Discord or on the forums if you require any further information as to why this application was denied.

If you are still interested in becoming a part of our amazing Staff Team, be sure to continue to play and enhance your experience with our community, as well as polishing up your Staff Application. If you wish to apply again, feel free to reapply in 3 weeks.

Good luck!

-Application Denied-

Status
Not open for further replies.