Modpack made by the Toasty community

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.

Nity6000

Nity6000
Nity6000
hecate
Jul 8, 2018
We NEED to have a community made Toasty modpack. The pack will be on the Toasty Launcher. There will be a series of votes to decide on which mods should be added (JEI and stuff will be already there).

http://chng.it/NCW7wh8Dvz

Eckxecutioner

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Oculus
Iris
King
Eckxecutioner
Eckxecutioner
Jun 19, 2016
We tried this before, a few years ago. The amount of testing, bugs, upkeep, etc that this would take is way outside of the abilities/time commitments of most of our staff members. With an owner/developer who is already maxed out, and some of the Admin team on leave due to real life stuff, this would just not be possible.

This doesn't even take into account the interest level of the players. Would we get enough players to make it worth taking up server space when it's at such a premium? Would the modpack even be exciting for more than a few days before players just quit? Too many unknowns to take such a big risk right now, sorry.

Trainfan8

Jun 17, 2018
Idea: It's a community-made modpack anyways; why don't the people interested chip in and do it ourselves? We'll play them locally for a little while and maybe we'll consider adding it to the network after a specified number of offline testers rate it a certain amount in a survey? I'd still love the idea of a community modpack

PrincessStrawb

Community Manager
Community Manager
Administration
King
Content Creator
PrincessStrawb
PrincessStrawb
poseidon
Apr 26, 2016
Nothing is stopping anyone from going and creating their own pack, the issue is with it being a “Toasty Community” pack - Who would be responsible for maintaining and fixing bugs etc.

Admins at the moment need to focus on what we currently have, especially when we are down admins due to them having personal things going on. We are not looking to open any new servers at the moment because of the work we need to do on existing servers.

To host a server with a community created pack is definitely a risk, as the pack wouldn’t be as publicly advertised as an FTB pack which would draw players in with a quick google search. We would also have to consider cost to run like we do with every other pack.

I am not against the idea and it is something that I would love to do one day, but I know that releasing a custom pack would be unrealistic for Toasty at the moment as we have so many other priorities.

Trainfan8

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I do agree that this shouldn't be a Toasty thing for the moment and for now might just be a player-run thing. But I still love the idea.

AlmsyONE

Aug 8, 2017
Count me in. I am willing to put in my know how to help a community pack. If toasty is too busy aatm nothing is stopping people from testing and trying things out locally first, and testing it on other platforms.

Aquaexploder

Staff
Aquaexploder
Aquaexploder
hecate
Jul 1, 2018
Lol I actually suggested this not to long ago. If the admins and other mods are fine with it I would be happy to be the one who managers the pack.

Jun 17, 2018
Update, for those who are interested: The 1.12.2 "Bread Tech Modpack" is going well! We have a couple dozen mods so far and we are configuring and selecting each mod to make sure it would run smoothly on a medium-to-large server. Most of the mods have been voted on. If you want a Discord invite to the server for updates, PM me! Thank you!