New Server Idea : FTB Interactions

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.

Would you Consider Playing FTB Interactions 1.12.2 on ToastyNetworks?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • MickeyMouse

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Mikethegod9

Mikethegod9
Mikethegod9
poseidon
Apr 18, 2019
FTB Interactions is a 1.12.2 Modpack
(Hardcore Progression) With Both Magic and Tech.
It's current version is 1.3.0

"For server owners, make sure in server.properties that level-type=voidworld as this enables initial island generation and island control commands on servers."

Basically, from my little testing I've done with the pack.
You spawn in the void world; which looks like a skyblock, but this is very misleading.

THE PACK IS NOT A SKYBLOCK AT ALL.

Player Spawn onto a platform in the void world because players who beta tested the pack kept dying to the mobs inside the overworld.
The overworld is suppose to have an overhaul towards the different mobs changing their behavior (probably passive mobs are aggressive etc..) - Same with the Nether & End.

You start with a transmute table on your island and a tome of knowledge: Don't worry it's only really used for getting off the void island and making your way to the overworld.
Not many items have EMC value; even the book of knowledge has a value of 32..

So why would ToastyNetworks Consider adding another server to their network?

Reasons:
1: FTB Interactions: is a Medium -> Large Hardcore Progressive Pack.
Project Ozone 3 is considered an Extra-large Pack; and has been giving the server owner .. and the community some issues recently.
FTB Interactions could be a middle ground solution; it has similar progressive challenges without the massive load on the server (including the player).
And since there is a player base who do like completion and who dare to play for the challenge; another option to a expert mode pack would be ideal for the server!

2: FTB Interactions fits the players niche pack mods:
It has the very similar mods inside the pack which all players could enjoy ( those who are willing to experience the whole pack ).
For Server Owners: this means players are more likely to play the pack since there is familiar, popular mods. and as the player, they have Q.O.L mods ( Quality of LIfe ) to make your progession "slightly less painful "

3: ToastyNetwork has an Odd number of servers :

If you compare Toasty's current servers: they have the following :

HUB + Vanilla Minecraft 1.8.9

Infinity NA + Infinity EU
Regrowth + Tekkit Legends

SkyFactory 3 NA + SkyFactory 3 EU

Continuum +Direwolf20
Revelations NA + Rev EU
SkyFactory 4 + Stoneblock 2
Project Ozone 3: + ????

I made this joke on the Discord: But Project Ozone 3 Needs a Buddy... and the comment from PrincessStrawb saying how it's been acting it doesn't deserve a buddy, made me think more than enough reason to give it one to keep an eye on it.. Also because I believe this pack would be a great addition to the Toasty Network Server. it could add more potential players to join the network; since it's a new pack. people are probably looking on MineCraftServers for hosts. and hey that could mean more voters for this network; or potential donations from future players and maybe even existing players to make the "Hard Mode" a little easier.

I Just wish the community would take this in consideration: meaning both Staff, Rubber, and the Fellow Players take a moment and decide whether this would be a good idea. or a great idea!

I'll Post a Poll down below and hopefully if you made it this far into the post, please cast a vote to have a visual representation on why or why not Toastynetworks should/shouldn't add a new Server.

*Sorry for the Political Joke *

Jijuihin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
From my experience, hardmode pacis tend to be less popular than regular packs (as you say, it appeals to a niche group of the player base). Unfortunately, this means lower potential revenue and a lower chance of the pack surviving.

As you also mentioned, the packs we currently have are already giving Kai enough work to try and keep on top of... Adding SF4 was a stretch as it is, but adding another new pack is likely to stretch Kai's time too far.

Plus, in order to make space for SF4, a bunch of other servers had to be removed. Interactions, while an awesome sounding pack, would probably take up a lot of space. You have the void world and overworld which would likely be constantly loaded and loads of other dimensions which would be frequently visited (from what I can tell).
Plus, one of the cooler features is the custom ore gen... However, these massive veins would be highly sought after and I imagine would get mined to extinction quite quickly, so we would either need to regularly wipe it or a mining world (which would be adding another dimension...)

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of Interactions. However, I'm not sure it's the best kind of pack for a server.

Mikethegod9

Mikethegod9
Mikethegod9
poseidon
Apr 18, 2019
So far there's been 4 YES, 5 MAYBE, and 1 MickeyMouse. so that's 11 possible toasty players. how many players do you need in order to consider spinning up the pack?

Side Note : I've been playing the pack on SinglePlayer, The player has to be inside the "VoidDim" for the early stage, which is till they're able to create 10 Overworld PortalBlocks to portal them to the overworld. This only takes a small duration to achieve, for someone experience it could be done in probably 30 minutes; ( if they're speed running ).

once you're in the overworld, everything is practically the same as your typical pack; except there are very scary mobs, that get even stronger as the pack progresses: this makes the pack very interesting and addicting.

I honestly believe if it's configured properly with the BCL plugin/mod ; performance should better than other packs currently on Toasty, it's smaller than some packs. I would love to spend my time on the ToastyNetworks Community.

Could you give me a figure/estimate of what Toasty needs to consider adding the pack to the network?
* If I could give Kai Chocolate to turn on the server on a node … I would * .. but sadly I would go broke in international shipping Q.Q

Nity6000

Nity6000
Nity6000
hecate
Jul 8, 2018
So far there's been 4 YES, 5 MAYBE, and 1 MickeyMouse. so that's 11 possible toasty players. how many players do you need in order to consider spinning up the pack?

Side Note : I've been playing the pack on SinglePlayer, The player has to be inside the "VoidDim" for the early stage, which is till they're able to create 10 Overworld PortalBlocks to portal them to the overworld. This only takes a small duration to achieve, for someone experience it could be done in probably 30 minutes; ( if they're speed running ).

once you're in the overworld, everything is practically the same as your typical pack; except there are very scary mobs, that get even stronger as the pack progresses: this makes the pack very interesting and addicting.

I honestly believe if it's configured properly with the BCL plugin/mod ; performance should better than other packs currently on Toasty, it's smaller than some packs. I would love to spend my time on the ToastyNetworks Community.

Could you give me a figure/estimate of what Toasty needs to consider adding the pack to the network?
* If I could give Kai Chocolate to turn on the server on a node … I would * .. but sadly I would go broke in international shipping Q.Q
OK so. For Toasty to release a new modpack the pack has to be profitable for them. Servers aren't free, and there is a cost for all the maintenance and development. Unlike packs like SF4, Interactions never had a big hype train following it giving it a huge player base at launch. On top of that the pack has lost the perk of being "new" and it is on track to be another dead FTB pack sitting at the bottom of the launcher. Simply put, an Interactions server is not a sustainable server for Toasty. (Oh and also Interactions isn't very server friendly in general due to the nature of it.)