Report for CharlieSmith101

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewTDG

Jan 8, 2019
I've been playing this server for a couple days and have just started getting into the mining dimension. While doing some chance cubes with my friends i came across a player who was using what appeared to be an illegal client to hit several times faster than the soft cap minecraft allows (indicated by the hit noise). I brought it up with Charlie just to be told that he has something similar that lets him hit hundreds of times a second. (You can look in the chat at roughly 8:10pm PST on the day of this post to find the logs.) I informed him that there was a soft cap on how often you can actually hit just for him to say that i'm wrong and you can indeed hit 15 times per second easily. Continuing on with my request for this guy to be looked into to see if charlie could find any evidence to ban him for hacking i called charlie out for not wanting to actually look into it which realistically should've been his first action if someone says that someone might be hacking. After a while i ended up talking to a player voicing my concern for how he just disregarded our claims and mentioning him even using a macro to auto sieve which if done right would bypass the auto afk. I then received a pm from him saying that you can't afk with a macro and then was told "I'd say try it yourself, but that would give me an excuse to ban you" indicating that he's targeting me trying to find any excuse to ban me instead of resolving the situation responsibly. In my opinion and several others of my friends Charlie acts nothing like a staff member when he's actually needed. Below is a picture of the threat. I honestly want to just enjoy the server with my group of friends but can't find any reason to even enjoy the game if i can't rely on a head mod to actually give a damn about the server they represent. As for the guy supposedly hacking his username is Walker3331. Thanks for hearing me out.
1546922863857.png

kliney

Jan 8, 2019
I also asked the mod CharlieSmith101 if he could do something about him cause of the noise that he was making from hitting so fast was literally unbearable, and he responded with use your legs. Me and my friends were already in our own room using chance cubes and the dude was hitting so fast that even minecraft at 20% volume was insanely loud. For being on your server for less then thirty minutes to get see some dude macroing/hacking, and a mod who acted like a child, that gives off a horrible impression.

Argusev

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Nyx
Argusev
Argusev
poseidon
Feb 22, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Hey, Matt and Kliney,

I just spent some time looking into this, and I noted the main reason you had for saying this player was hacking was because he was clicking more than a supposed cap of 12 times per second. May I ask what your source for this is? In the research I did, there were no concrete numbers, but one site touted the benefits of clicking 14+ times per second, and another said they thought it was at least 20. No place I looked said that there was a soft cap of 12 times per second. As autoclickers are not against our rules (though using them to bypass afk is, and yes, we will find out. Our plugin is very good), this player was not breaking any rules that I could see. While he may have been being a nuisance, if he's doing it in the mining world away from other peoples' claims there's no rules against it. As Charlie told you before, you could simply have walked away from him and it would not have posed you any problem. No action will be taken against him.

As for what she said later, you are correct that it was unprofessional, and I have spoken to her about remaining professional while dealing with players. At the same time, I also saw in the chats evidence of you two heckling her, telling her to "try being a useful mod" and mocking her advice prior to the unprofessional behavior. In future, please treat staff with respect, even if you disagree with their decisions. You can always contact other staff over the problem or report the staff member as you have done; being rude to them is only likely to make the situation worse, not better.

Unless further evidence or problems are brought forward, this matter will be considered handled. If you have any further concerns, they can be posted here until the thread is closed.

Regards,
Argus

1546927582373.png
1546927662053.png
1546927643187.png

Argusev

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Staff
Nyx
Argusev
Argusev
poseidon
Feb 22, 2017
New Jersey, USA
As no further information has been brought forward as of this time, I am closing this thread.

Report Handled
Thread Closed
Moved to Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.