SB2/SF4 - Arothe; staff application

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arothe

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Staff
Arothe
Arothe
nemesis
May 1, 2018
Important: I have put this application out when I was playing SB2, now slowly but surely finishing SF4. Gonna move to PO3. So to be honest, I don't know what pack to put there anymore :D Now able to jump from pack to pack and help, so it does not matter as much.

Tell us about yourself:
Angular 8, TypeScript, JavaScript and more. Junior coder in small company.
At the moment able to find bugs just by existing. (I don't know how, I just see them!)
I like to help, personally refuse any item-related help. My biggest weakness can be honesty. Cos sometimes I just have a feeling I have to say the truth. (Yes, it often hurts)

In-game name: Arothe
Discord name: The Ashen Wolf#0127
Timezone: +2
Current Rank: Poseidon, Nemesis, Leviathan
Hours on the Server: nearly 1600
Have you ever been banned on any community or server? If so, why?: I was once in a jail when I was 13 on one vanilla server for building a really ugly build :D
Previous Usernames:
What servers have you played on our network?:
IE, REG, SF3, PO2 Kappa, CON, REV, SB2, many more on DeVco

Have you ever been a staff member of any other online gaming community?
If so, please fill out the following fields.
Organization name: DeVco FTB
Your rank: Chat Mod
Time as a staff member: Only about a month and a half
Your responsibilities: Doing tickets, help in chat.
Is the organization still running?: Merged with ToastyNetworks.

Reason for leaving (If applicable): Back then my computer was not a good one, so switching packs was not easy for me.Also, at the end I had problems in school and so I had to end.

Situational responses - Remember the rules everyone adheres to and the punishments for such rules being broken.
// To be honest, I had a hard time looking for the rules... would expect a link directly on the main page :eek:
// As I did not find them, I will continue by what I think is right and what used to work.

// Edit - Found them ingame, was slightly dissappointed.. now they are far weaker than they used to be :D

If someones house/land was griefed, how would you deal with the situation?
- First I have to find out who was the griefer, this means connecting to the pack this issue happened on.
- Then I look at the place of the "crime". Using a plugin (I know there is one...) I can check who broke the blocks.
- I will ask the victim if he knows the player (migh have been his friend, or even himself, in order to get refund of items he did not lose)
- Another point we need to consider is if the base was claimed. If it was, the victim does not know the player and the claim expired earlier than it should have (1 month, right?)
then the player can receive a refund. (Maybe by rollbacking certain chunks?)
- If the claim expired naturally and the base is gone, I don't think one deserves a refund.

What procedures would you take if you believe someone is hacking?
- Going into spectator mode often tells us a lot. Mainly it can expose xray.
- Another thing, that is wise to do is to ask fellow staff member. More people can make more accurate results.

How would you deal with someone abusing in-game chat?
- Rule of three. First, verbal warning. Three of them. Then /warn. Two of those. Then it is a mute for an hour. If player does not change after the mute, longer mutes are provided.
If someone asks for items from yourself, how would you reply?
- Depends on the item and the player. One rule we had was "No items to guests". Second part is the item value. If player offers back an item of similar value, it is a trade, which is absolutely okay (even with Guest). If he insists I give the item to him, I usually tell them how to get to that item.

Free form responses.
How did you first find out about the ToastyNetworks?

I was kinda forced to ToastyNetworks from DeVco FTB :D
What do you believe your greatest strength is?
I follow the rules, if they are logical. I am honest, and I don't know luck. Everything is hard work.
Also, I play modded Minecraft since 1.2.5, so my mod related knowledge is huge. The almost 1500 hours just on DeVco and Toasty says something too I guess.

What is one thing you believe you could improve upon?
Communication. I am not a great speaker. Chat does not make a problem tho!
What do you believe you can bring to the staffing team here at ToastyNetworks?
Bug testing. I am really great at falling into bugs :D And ppl usually don't like it... but staff might!

Last edited:

Jijuihin

Administration
Administration
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
Congratulations Arothe,

We welcome you to the Staff Team of ToastyNetworks! Your diligent work both in-game and on the forums, as well as your Staff Application has lead to us providing you with an opportunity to show your skills in a real time environment as a Trial Moderator.

We have adjusted your rank on Discord to fit this new position. Any further questions can be directed towards me or another member of higher staff on the Discord server. We will adjust your in-game rank once we have been able to talk to you about your trial period :).

-Application Accepted-

Status
Not open for further replies.