Staff Application - FatherReality (IE-NA 1)

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.

FatherReality

FatherReality
FatherReality
tyche
Jan 5, 2018
Colorado
Introduction.

Tell us about yourself: Hello! I'm a long-time player on ToastyNetworks's Infinity Evolved North America server with a few hundred of hours of time, and through it I've found a very well-knit community. It's the most active I've seen in terms of total players and staff as well as modpacks covered and even EU options. I'd like to be a part of the team help new developments move along as seamlessly as possible and be representative of what a good Minecraft network team is all about. I'm from Colorado, a male, and a lover of music. I'm ready to help Toasty be something better.

Basic Information.

In-game name: FatherReality
Discord name: BitterSnowfall#8915. I am almost always reachable on Discord, understand it thoroughly, and I'm able to Voice Chat more often than not.
Timezone:
MST- Mountain Standard Time USA.
Current Rank:
Mythical (Tyche as a Donor).
Hours on the Server:
433 Hours (16th among most played).
Have you ever been banned on any community or server? If so, why?:
Yes, unfortunately. Honestly and truly I was once tempbanned (24 hrs) for being profane in chat and on a sign when I raided a long-time rival of mine on the server. I look back on it with shame and in hindsight it was far from funny. Being of sound mind now and having found a much more worthwhile network, I'd never do something so guttural again. Additionally, I've been muted once: I became explicit after deliberately being raided by an AWOL moderator.
Previous Usernames:
Percotech
What servers have you played on our network?:
Infinity Evolved and, very briefly, Sky Adventures. I'm willing to go onto another pack to help someone if it's truly needed.

Past Staffing Information.

Have you ever been a staff member of any other online gaming community? Yes, I have. I was a Helper and Builder for Coolax Gaming's Blightfall PvP server. I'm hoping to step up my game and become a Moderator.
Organization name: Coolax Gaming.
Your rank: Helper (sub-Moderator).
Time as a staff member: Roughly 4 months.
Your responsibilities: Checking for illicit raiding/claim bypassing, moderating chat for profanity, being vigilant of signs of abuse of mechanics, personal attacks etc. I was also a Builder and made an entire PvP arena that utilized a supply crate plugin.
Is the organization still running?: Yes.
Reason for leaving (If applicable): My reason for leaving this network had to do with my personal life. 3 months into being a mod I had to move homes for reasons I'll keep private. I did not have stable enough internet to play for about 3 months following. When I had returned to where I was living previous, I discovered the Coolax community
removed my PvP arena from their server and when I asked if it was possible to become a Mod again now that I was able to play, they said they were fully covered and they'd 'let me know if a spot opens', so I decided to try a new network where I discovered ToastyNetworks.

Additional citations; Examples of my contributions to this network.
Formatting tutorial I wrote for staff apps.
Poll I made regarding a couple overpowered weapons.
Poll I made regarding the server's Vote rewards.
Posing a suggestion for a Server Reset.
Discussion I started regarding PvP balance.
My previous Helper application.
My previous Builder application (includes some of my builds.)
Commentary on a couple of other Staff Applications:
First Example
Second Example
Third Example

Situational responses.

If someones house/land was griefed, how would you deal with the situation? I would immediately console the offended and explain to them that there are ways they may be compensated for the damages. I would run whatever diagnostic tools are available to me (the previous network had a command to see by whom a block was last interacted with) and take note of any potential offenders. I'd then contact higher staff (Senior Moderator) and let them know of the incident in detail. I'd urge the victim to make a ticket either through discord or in-game, also as detailed as possible.

What procedures would you take if you believe someone is hacking? If it came to my attention that an under-experienced player with little playtime had massive amounts of items or was responsible for a number of griefs, I'd report it to higher staff immediately and if the damage or offense is significant enough, temporarily ban the offending player, given that's the way things ought to be handled.

How would you deal with someone abusing in-game chat?
Well, given the way the question is worded I feel the need to clarify twofold: for one, if the offender is abusing chat in the sense that they're spamming or flooding it with benign or vulgar text, they would first be warned once and then temporarily muted if they continue. If this is not how Toasty wants things to be handled, I understand that and will adhere to protocols, but that is just what I'd do in a vacuum.

Secondly, if the offender is using chat to personally abuse other players through namecalling, defaming, etc, I'd proceed with the same course of action; warn once, then temporarily mute and report it to other staff.

If someone asks for items from yourself, how would you reply?
Honestly, it depends on the status of the player. If it's someone who's experienced and a familiar face, I'm likely to initiate a trade with them for in-game currency or other items I may need. If I'm feeling generous I may give a couple handouts, so long as it's within staff's regulations to do so and not misconduct.

If the player is fairly new, I will not give handouts because I feel it is a hindrance to the player's experience because it may be a quick shortcut within the game, detracting from his or her need to continue playing on the server for longer (which I can only assume is a goal of ToastyNetworks). I may or may not work out a trade if their requested item is within reason and they have the adequate payment. Once again, I will cease trade with new players if that's in the interest of the higher staff.

Free form responses.

How did you first find out about the ToastyNetworks? I discovered ToastyNetworks through a simple google search of "infinity evolved server" when I discovered it was a pack worth playing. I felt the need for a new network after having a falling out with the previous one (Coolax). After joining the discord, I was ready to be a long-time player.

What do you believe your greatest strength is? I believe my greatest strength, as it pertains to being a moderator for Toasty, is my ability to communicate and write well. Often I've been told (especially as staff on the former network) that I'm an excellent writer and very good at making tutorials, polls, and other commentary for the network. I may be able to do the same kind of work for Toasty if the opportunity is given to me. I'm generally sufficient in dealing with issues in-game when it comes to he-said-she-said ordeals and I try to be a diplomat. Additionally, I'm very creative and would love to develop builds for Toasty in the future (See my builds in the citations above).

What is one thing you believe you could improve upon? I could certainly improve on the way I handle criticism. Often when I finish my build and show it off to people, I get some "cool"s and some "nice"s but never as much as I feel I deserve. Usually I express that through returning criticism of the other person's accomplishments, and that's not fair. It should be an opportunity for improvement for myself, and not an inner defeat on my part and a chance to spit my own venom. I could certainly work on how I respond to criticism and my vulgarity in general, cause often it can make me feel down and demotivated to continue playing.

What do you believe you can bring to the staffing team here at ToastyNetworks? I think I would be a good addition to the staff team because of my perseverance in getting new developments, developed, and expanding upon the already great community we have here. I hope to be able to take part in making great things happen, in-game or otherwise. Truly I think I can bring ideas to life with a little help. I feel qualified as well, given my playtime within the network and my former staffing experience.

In concluding, I thank you for taking the time to read all this and considering me for staff!