(xXPunXx) Application for Staff

• ToastyNetworks - Launcher

Hi Guest!
    Are you using the brand new ToastyNetworks launcher yet? No? What are you waiting for! Enjoy a tweaked launcher made to make life easier for you! It includes pre-installed tweaks, fixes, texture packs and way more!
    Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXPunXx

xXPunXx
xXPunXx
poseidon
May 27, 2019
To whom it may concern,
I would like to thank you for opening my thread to read my application for staff in advance. Even if I am not fit for the position I would like you to know that I appreciate the time you have taken to read my application. Thank You.

*Introduction.
Tell us about yourself:
Hello my name is Hark or you may call me Pun in-game or on discord... I've been playing Minecraft since 2012 and before I took a couple years break I played Tekkit, Attack of B-Team, and many other mod packs. Now I am getting back into the groove of playing Minecraft and as nostalgic as it might seem one big responsibility that I had a passion for was being a staff member and keeping servers clean without issues whether it may be issues with players or even issues with the server itself. I am in college currently and I'm pursuing a degree in computer science (software engineering) although I'm still very new to the subject I'm very passionate about it.

*Basic Information.
In-game name:
xXPunXx
Discord name (e.g. JohnSmith#1234):
xXPunXx#0159
Timezone:
(GMT -8) Pacific Standard Time
Current Rank:
Poseidon
Hours on the Server:
I have 57 Hours current on server and counting.
Have you ever been banned on any community or server? If so, why?:
Not on any current servers... years ago when I first joined Minecraft I was a bit of a wild individual and considering my age at the time it was understandable, but as you mature you understand certain things better and then you are able to consitute right from wrong. I believe I was banned for griefing and at the time I wasn't informed on what it was. I had thought that the server was free roam and people had to protect their bases on their own from raids if they were offline. When I first joined I was really into PVP Servers and this ban resulting in me raiding someone on a regular vanilla minecraft server where the term "Griefing" was introduced to me from my unfortunate ban. I later appealed on the website forums and they understood my wrong doing because of a uninformed mistake.
Previous Usernames:
N/A
What servers have you played on our network?:
Sky Factory 4 (Primary), Tekkit Legends (Secondary)

Past Staffing Information.
*Have you ever been a staff member of any other online gaming community?
If so, please fill out the following fields.
*Organization name
:
BubbaCraft
*Your rank:
Admin
Time as a staff member:
6 Months
*Your responsibilities:
Staff recruitment (I still own the servers old recruiting email... [email protected]), Handling server issues via shared console, assisting members with personal or server conflicts, communicating with other staff for resolutions to a certain problem that arose that needed more than one individuals opinion
Bubbacraft.net
Is the organization still running?:
As well as the website the organization fell due to the owner not maintaining the server and was found missing although contact information was exchanged between me and the owner the lack of communication with server staff resulted in havoc.
*Reason for leaving (If applicable):
The server was overrun with multiple admins who were at the time not prepared to handle all situations that the server needed help with. There were many corrupt admins on the server and it was too much for me to handle. So I resigned my position to the organization.

*Situational responses - Remember the rules everyone adheres to and the punishments for such rules being broken.
If someones house/land was griefed, how would you deal with the situation?
At first I would diffuse the situation with the individual griefed and let them know I will handle the issue at hand. Then I would use a tool to check the individual who has broken certain blocks or raided certain chests. From there I would handle the situation by going through the steps for punishing the griefer for obstructing the rules. Whether it be Temp Banning them or even to a certain extent Perm Ban. If the Griefer appeals for the ban I will provide proof of his/her actions of griefing (This applies to all situational responses from greifing to in-game chat abuse)
What procedures would you take if you believe someone is hacking?
Hackers are dealt with in many ways... What I would considering doing primarily would be watching the individual in /vanish and recording him for further proof of "Hacks" if my belief in the situation is true is true and I experience the individual hacking I will follow my guidelines and Ban him since Hacking is not accepted in any forms... Whether it be a Client or just a simple texture pack. The evidence of the hack would then be sent to a higher staff member so they may be notified of the issue and they are able to confirm that my actions for handling the situation were indeed correct
How would you deal with someone abusing in-game chat?
If I encountered an individual abusing the in-game chat whether it be advertising, spamming, or even use of foul language. I would give them a warning and if they are persistent I would then move on to /mute for a certain period of time, that is dependent on the situation that varies on the circumstance, where they would not be able to speak to the ingame chat nor others. After the mute has gone away and they still abuse the chat, I will then give one final verbal warning before they are Temporarily Banned for "Abusing the in-game chat."
If someone asks for items from yourself, how would you reply?

This would be subjective... If the player is asking for something that would impact the server or themselves in any way I would have to decline. Instead I would advise them how to obtain such objects give them guidance into how they may accomplish a way into getting the items. If it is as simple as some cobble or wood something basic I would give them something from my personal chests from the server and nothing that would ever be spawned in. If the individual continues to ask for items I will ignore them and not respond... if they cause a disturbance I would follow the steps in someone abusing in-game chat as stated in the prior question.

*Free form responses.
How did you first find out about the ToastyNetworks?
Through the server webpage, I was interested in finding a new server with a great and strong community and I have found a great one with an even better community in-game. Which I have found and I'm currently applying for staff to help improve upon it and bring another pair of helping hands onto the staff roster.
What do you believe your greatest strength is?
I believe my greatest strength is helping others, whether it be personal or even something that affects the server as a whole I would take my time and consider the possibilities and help them with any issues they are experiencing. When I commit myself to something I will see it through, nothing to distract me from accomplishing my goals to help others.
What is one thing you believe you could improve upon?
One major thing I myself could improve on is being more active with the community while this will change dramatically if I am accepted into the rank of a Moderator, I can still improve myself currently with more communication with people on discord and the forums. I am very friendly in-game providing information to others that need it. I have a handful of people that can vouch for me in-game for the previous statement. I will continue to grow as I spend more time helping out the community on this server even as a Member.
What do you believe you can bring to the staffing team here at ToastyNetworks?

I am able to provide my insight into issues that arise in the servers and as well contribute to any staff related conflicts that require addressing. My availability is consistent and I'm online daily whether it is for an hour or even multiple hours depending on the time of day and my work schedule. I'm always available to provide information since my phone is with me at all times and I'm able to receive messages through discord and other apps even if I am away from my computer. Today, May 27, 2019 on SF4 I had assisted a few individuals with a server lag issue... the tps was low and the dap was showing a lot of issues... although coordinates were hidden, I teleported myself to other islands to see who was creating the lag. One individual I had found that was bringing the tps down I advised him a better solution to fixing the problem and a way so the server will take less stress and the player would receive the same or even a better output from whatever was causing the server stress. An example would be using Mystical Agriculture instead of Bonsai trees later game because of the stress the server receives from an overload of bonsai trees instead of lots of plants from mystical agriculture. Currently while playing on the Sky Factory 4 server I have not noticed many Moderators on (One at most) and I believe I am fit for the position for my availability and many other factors. I'm able to be in-game more than 7 hours a week. Possibly even double or triple that amount. If not a Trial Moderator I would love to be a "Helper" Rank (if there is one). Either way I would love to contribute to this community by making it a better environment for new and old members!

Thank you for taking the time to review my application I will be awaiting a response soon.

Best Regards,
Hark (xXPunXx)

Last edited:

Jijuihin

Administration
Administration
Staff
Requiem
Oculus
Iris
King
Jijuihin
Jijuihin
poseidon
Jan 8, 2017
Hi xXPunXx,

We thank you for taking a deep interest in becoming a Staff Member here at ToastyNetworks. However, we do feel that your application and in-game experience is not up to our current standards, and therefore we must decline your application at this point. Feel free to message me on Discord or on the forums if you require any further information as to why this application was denied.

If you are still interested in becoming a part of our amazing Staff Team, be sure to continue to play and enhance your experience with our community, as well as polishing up your Staff Application. If you wish to apply again, you are more than welcome to reapply in 3 weeks time.

Good luck!

-Application Denied-

Status
Not open for further replies.