CVIPERB + PrincessStrawb
BetterChunkLoaders (Developed by KaiNoMood) is a plugin which adds its own customizable chunk loaders that replaces other chunk loaders found in mods across our network. The plugin has a wide range of commands and features allowing for ease of use across our player base.
Types Of Chunk Loaders.
This plugin allows for two kinds of chunk loaders to be used. They are as follows:
- Online Only – This will only load chunks while the owner of the chunk loader is online. (Represented as an Iron Block in 1.7.10)
- Always Online – This will load chunks at all times, regardless of whether the owner is online. (Represented as a Diamond Block in 1.7.10)
All players start off with 6 Online Only chunk loaders at their disposal. However, you must purchase Always Online chunk loaders or obtain them with the Lazarus rank. In order to use the Always Online chunk loaders, you must also have the permission for it. This can be bought with the chunk loaders or with the Lazarus rank.
Setup of Chunk Loaders.
- Place down the block which represents which type of chunk loader you want to use (Online Only = Iron Block; Always Online = Diamond Block). Keep in mind, the Always Online chunk loader requires a specific permission to be used.
- With a Blaze Rod in your hand, right click on the Iron/Diamond Block to bring up the BetterChunkLoader GUI. This must be done almost immediately after placing down the block. Otherwise, you will need to break and replace the block.
- Select the dimensions for your chunk loader (See below for dimensions information). This is done by clicking one of the icons in the menu. If completed correctly, you should receive a message saying that your chunk loader has been created.
- Stand in the chunk you want the chunk loader to be in (chunk boundaries can be seen by pressing F3+G) and type /bcl. You should see a message giving your location, chunk, number of chunks loaded and total number of chunks you can load, and a list of options for creating chunk loaders in your chunk.
- To create an online-only chunkloader, click the [create online-only] button in the message.
- To create an always-on chunkloader, click the [create always-on] button in the message.
- No matter which type you selected, a green message will appear in chat saying “Chunk loader created!” If a chunk loader already exists in that chunk, a red message will appear instead, saying “A chunk loader already exists at the specified location!” Note that two players cannot create a chunkloader in the same chunk.
- Repeat for all chunks you want to be loaded.
Removal of Chunk Loaders
- Holding a blaze rod, right-click the chunk loader you wish to remove.
- Select the “Remove” option (redstone torch on the left side). There will be no message, but you can confirm that it’s gone by running “/bcl list own”.
- Breaking the block should remove the chunk loader, but following the above two steps will ensure it’s gone.
- Stand in the chunk containing the chunk loader you want to remove and run /bcl like above. A similar message to the one before will appear, but it will show information about the chunkloader there, including type, when it was placed, and whether it’s currently being loaded. It will also have options to remove the chunk loader and highlight the chunk.
- Click the [remove chunk loader] button. A green message should appear in the chat saying “Chunk loader removed!”
- Repeat for all loaded chunks you want to remove chunk loaders in.
Finding Your Chunk Loaders
You can find your chunk loaders by running /bcl list. In 1.7, the full form of this command is “/bcl list own”, while in 1.10+, “/bcl list” will show you all chunk loaders on the server. To see only your own chunk loaders in 1.10+, you will have to run “/bcl list <your username>”. Note that in 1.7, this will give chunk loader locations in block coordinates, while in 1.10+ servers, it will give locations in chunk coordinates. To convert chunk coordinates to regular coordinates, you can use the tool found here. In 1.10+ servers, you can also open the chunk loader menu to highlight or remove chunk loaders from this list.